The family homestead Glavinja is located in Konavle, one of the most beautiful regions of Croatia. It is close enough to the city centre, just 20km, but then again far enough from the urban noise. What makes olive farming ideal in this area is greatly due to the perfect microclimate of this region. Therefore olives have become characteristic feature of this genuine landscape.
We have been involved in olive growing since 1999 with existing 14 olive sorts; the most renowned ones are oblica, bjelica, lastovka, leccino and sitnica. Among numerous young olive trees there are also those which are over 90 years old.
Olives are picked by hand and cold pressing of the best ones is used for the production of extra virgin olive oil in order to meet the highest quality standards. Therefore, our oil has won numerous awards for its specific flavour, colour and aroma.
In order to indulge yourselves by tasting extra virgin olive oil you can visit our oil tasting room, which was opened in 2!
009. Visitors can also see folk costumes and old tools typical for this region. This room, once used for the wine storage, is a part of our family house, whose parts date back to the very beginning of the 16th century.
*we work by appointment, please give us a call
- Best quality olive oil tasting
- Folk traditional costumes
- Beautiful landscape great for the small escape from Dubrovnik
- Experience of traditional Croatia
-10 % + surprise gift
Print out this page and use it as a voucher or show this page on your mobile device.
Please note that the New Holidays London Ltd T&C and The Provider’s T&C apply. The Provider may withdraw this offer without prior notice