Magdalena - University Hospital For Cardiovascular Disease - Krapinske Toplice - Croatia
Magdalena University Hospital (Krapinske Toplice Unit)
Ljudevita Gaja 2 - Krapinske Toplice - Croatia
Magdalena University Hospital (Zagreb Unit)
Radnička cesta 32 - Zagreb - Croatia
Magdalena is Internationally accredited University Hospital for Cardiovascular Diseases, founded in 1996. It is located at two sites; Magdalena Polyclinic in the heart of the Croatian capital Zagreb and Magdalena Hospital, a 100-bed facility located in the county Zagorje, only 45km from Zagreb.
Our unique value proposition arises from uniting cardiology, cardiac and vascular surgery, anesthesiology, ICU and telemedicine under the same roof. With close collaboration of those departments and everyday teamwork, we provide an exclusive continuity of patient journey, encompassing every step from prevention, diagnostics and treatment to out-of-hospital monitoring.
Magdalena University Hospital and its physicians are among the best in their field. They have years of experience gained in Croatia and abroad and use the most advanced medical equipment to provide patients with the highest quality treatment and maximum comfort. Magdalena is a part of Croatia’s primary percutaneous coronary intervention network, meaning that urgent coronary interventions are performed 24 hours a day for patients with acute myocardial infarction.
With its long tradition, Magdalena is one of the leading regional centers for cardiovascular diseases. Up to date, we treated almost 90,000 patients, with more than 11,000 cardiovascular surgeries and 17,000 percutaneous coronary interventions. This great experience is a guarantee of a minimal complication rate that we are very proud of.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE US
• Exhaustive cardiac care
• Outstanding service
• Absolute client satisfaction
• Safety and confidence
• Quality and reliability
• Unique solution for every problem
• International quality accreditation
- ISO 9001
- ISO 15224
- Accreditation Canada – diamond certificate
FACTS AND FIGURES
OUR TEAM of 224 people
(Physicians 30; Nurses 124; Other medical staff 47; Administrative employees 23)
INFRASTRUCTURE 5.500 m2
(Wards (3 cardiology, 1 surgery); 90 beds; Intensive care unit 14 beds; Operating theatre 2; Catheterization laboratory 2; Telemedicine center 1)
PATIENTS 25 000 / year
(Outpatient clinic 12 000; Cardiology interventions 5 000; Cardiac surgeries 500; Vascular surgeries 300; Telemedicine consultations 14 000)
RANGE OF MEDICAL SERVICES
Our teams perform all non-invasive and invasive diagnostic procedures, as well as percutaneous and surgical cardiovascular interventions. New technologies are continuously being implemented with treatment results comparable to the best European heart centers.
We are particularly proud of our excellent results with vascular surgery of the aorta, carotid and other peripheral arteries.
In 2011, we were the first center in Croatia and region to perform TAVI (Trans catheter aortic valve implantation), one of the most advanced procedures in the world today.
For the treatment of complex arrhythmias, we adopted a highly sophisticated 3D navigation system.
Moreover, a cutting-edge system has been developed for the protection against in-hospital infections. Significant efforts have been invested to minimize the need for perioperative donor blood transfusion.
Magdalena is recognized for its minimal complication rate due to the high volume facility experience, short hospital stay, new technologies implemented in our daily work and constant quality control.
Cardiology diagnostic and treatments
Non-invasive cardiology diagnostics
• Electrocardiogram (ECG)
• Exercise test: observing cardiac functions during exercise on a modern treadmill
• Transthoracic echocardiography (TTE): heart ultrasound with colour Doppler
• transesophageous echocardiography (TEE)
• Head, neck, arm and leg vessel ultrasound with Doppler
• Holter ECG: 24-hour ECG recording with a miniature, lightweight, modern device
• Holter for blood pressure recording blood pressure oscillations over a 24-hour period
• Cardiac pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator follow-up
• Trans telephonic 12-channel and single1-channel ECG reading in real time
Invasive cardiology diagnostics
• Heart catheterization
• Electrophysiology study
• loop recorder implantation for ECG monitoring and recording over several months
• Myocardial biopsy
• intracardiac echocardiography (ICE)
Invasive cardiology treatment
• Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with stent implantation
• Percutaneous intervention on peripheral arteries with stent implantation
• Percutaneous intervention on aorta with stent implantation (endovascular aortic repair - EVAR)
• Radio frequent ablation in arrhythmia treatment
• Heart pacemaker implantation
• Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
• Cardioverter defibrillator implantation
• Percutaneous PFO and ASD closure
If all conservative and interventional treatment strategies have been exhausted, our cardiovascular surgery department can offer you surgery. Our surgeons will inform you about the options of cardiovascular surgery procedures.
Cardiac surgery operations:
• Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
• Heart valve replacement
• Surgery of aorta
• Congenital heart disease surgery
• Surgery in arrhythmia treatment
• Surgery after heart and great vessels trauma
• Other heart surgery operations
Vascular surgery operations:
• Carotid artery operations
• Operations of aneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aorta
• Peripheral artery disease surgery:
- Aortobifemoral bypass
- Femoropopliteal bypass
- Femorocrural bypass
• Other operations in vascular surgery
Magdalena Telecardiology Centre offers the service of distant patient monitoring through the implementation of an ultralight, mobile ECG device that delivers high quality results. In this manner, the patients can send their ECG at any time, no matter where they are, and contact Magdalena’s experts to obtain specific recommendations.
CLINIC ACCOMMODATION AND YOUR STAY
Emerged in the nature of the idyllic landscape of Zagorje county, Magdalena offers a uniquely peaceful atmosphere that will contribute to your quick recovery. We are committed to making your stay at our hospital as pleasant as possible. This is why we have put much thought into creating an atmosphere you can really enjoy.
Our hospital does do not only boast the latest technological equipment, but also a pleasant interior design. Our single bed rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, air conditioning, TV, and the direct phone line.
A full medical team, cardiologist, surgeon, anesthesiologist and a nurse are accessible 24/7. Our staff is fluent in English and if necessary, a professional translator is at your disposal during the duration of your stay.
We respect and treat every patient as an individual, adapting and ensuring your religious and cultural habits are fulfilled.
COMING TO MAGDALENA AS A MEDICAL TOURIST
Your treatment at Magdalena will be organized by the staff of the Medical Tourism Department at the hospital. The arrangements for the treatment begin before the patient's arrival to Croatia and are followed step by step, to guarantee an effective treatment in the shortest possible time.
HOW TO REACH US
Magdalena University Hospital is located at two sites, Magdalena Polyclinic in the heart of Zagreb and Magdalena Hospital, located in Krapinske Toplice, approximately 45 km from Zagreb.
International quality accreditation
Location & Contact